Please read this page with care, as it explains the Do's and Don'ts Policy, of being a member of the TutStu community. These policies only apply to TutStu.com. If you still have questions after reading these policies, please feel free to contact us.
We expect all members of TutStu (including TutStu's staff) to treat each other with respect and kindness. Your name on TutStu, is your identity. You are responsible for your conduct and all content submitted under your name on TutStu. Keep the following in mind:
- You should not use the word "TutStu" in your member name;
- You must be at least 18 years of age to hold an account on TutStu;
- If you are under 18, you must have the permission and supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age; that adult is responsible for the account; and
- If you are under the age of 18, you may not utilize the community features on TutStu. When using TutStu, those under 18 must, at all times, have the permission and supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age.
- You should not use mature, profane or racist language or images in the public areas of your account (for example: username, avatar, or Profile);
- You should not use the public areas of your account to demonstrate or discuss disputes with others or with TutStu;
- You should not transfer ownership or sell your TutStu account to another party;
- You should not use TutStu to direct shoppers to another online selling venue to purchase, or direct a user to pay for services outside of TutStu for services delivered through TutStu, as this may constitute fee avoidance. This includes posting links/URLs or providing information or directing users to facilitate fee avoidance;
- A TutStu account should not be used for the purpose of redirecting traffic to another web location; and
- Keep your account information updated and accurate. Your account must have a valid email address at all times. TutStu will use the email address on file, to contact you whenever necessary.
Multiple accounts held by one person
Having more than one account ("multiple accounts" or "alternate accounts") is NOT allowed at TutStu.
TutStu provides a messaging system as a way to communicate privately with other TutStu members. Think of it like email just for TutStu. Messaging is used to communicate about tutoring or to build friendly relationships with other members. Please use common sense when giving out personal information to others.
- You must not use messaging to send unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or "spam;"
- You must not knowingly harass or abuse another member;
- If someone explicitly tells you not to contact him or her, you must not contact him or her again; and
- Sending too many messages too quickly may auto-disable your messaging. You must contact Support to have your ability to send messages reinstated.
Feedback is a way to establish a reputation of trust for students, tutors and the TutStu marketplace. For every tutoring session, the student has the opportunity to submit a 5 star rating and an optional comment. Consistency, fairness and honesty are critical to the integrity of the feedback system. Feedback directly affects a Tutor's reputation, so we ask that members take it seriously. Please consider the following:
- Positive- 4-5 star rated feedback (including the optional comment) cannot be edited or removed after submission except in the circumstances noted in TutStu's Feedback policies;
- Negative (1 or 2 stars) - or neutral (3 stars) rated feedback may be changed to a positive rating when both parties agree; and
- Feedback ratings, comments or images removed by TutStu cannot be reinstated or resubmitted. Members may ask TutStu to review feedback for removal. Contact Support to request a feedback review. At TutStu's sole discretion and without notice to both parties involved, feedback may be removed or altered by TutStu.
Circumstances where feedback maybe removed or altered include but are limited to:
- Personally identifying or private information was published (for example: a phone number, real name, email address, physical address, content of a private TutStu Conversation, and details regarding a TutStu investigation);
- Feedback contains mature, profane or racist language and/or images;
- Feedback contains spam, links, scripts or advertising;
- Shilling is evident (fraudulent inflation of feedback rating by use of an alternate account);
- Feedback is given for a transaction created for the sole purpose of leaving feedback;
- Negative or neutral feedback was mistakenly submitted for a different transaction;
- Negative or neutral feedback refers to an unrelated transaction;
- Negative or neutral feedback comments about using TutStu or other services;
- A member is confused about how to use the Feedback system, resulting in unintended negative or neutral feedback;
We encourage you to provide information about yourself and/or your expertise in your Profile.
Please keep the following things in mind as you set up your profile:
- You should not use mature, profane or racist language or images in your profile;
- Set a minimum rate for your tutoring services if you are a tutor and provide your PayPal ID; and
- You (student or tutor) may not engage in any activity to avoid TutStu's fees ("fee avoidance"). This includes but is not limited to: completing a transaction off-TutStu once it has been initiated on the site.
Intellectual Property Infringement
If you infringe on Copyright & Intellectual Property, you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees).
TutStu may act expeditiously to respond to a proper notice by (1) removing or disabling access to material claimed to be subject of infringing activity; and (2) removing and discontinuing service to repeat offenders. If TutStu removes or disables access in response to such a notice, TutStu will make a good-faith attempt to contact the allegedly infringing party ("Member") so that they may make a counter notification.
All registered members are part of our community. TutStu has established multiple ways for members to interact with one another on the site or off-site like on Facebook Groups, Linkedin Groups etc. Please remember that these are public spaces, so use common sense when sharing personal information. TutStu's role is to facilitate open discussion and support our community through constructive communication. We have some general rules for community conduct, and some spaces have additional rules. Please consider the following:
- Treat one another with respect. There is a real person behind each name;
- If your account involves a person under the age of 18, you may not utilize the community features on TutStu unless otherwise specified by TutStu. (When using TutStu, those under 18 must, at all times, must have the permission and supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age.);
- Knowingly harassing, insulting or abusing other members is unacceptable;
- The community spaces are not the appropriate channel to express disputes with others;
- Discussing a specific member in a negative way is not allowed; and
- Do not publicly post another person's private information without their explicit consent (for example: email, Conversations, letters, phone numbers, addresses, full names or business transactions).
Violating community policies may result in suspension of community or other privileges and/or account termination.
The TutStu Forums are a place to interact with a broad range of TutStu community members worldwide. On our Forums you can read staff announcements, share questions and answers, and have discussions on various topics of interest. Please consider the following:
- When using the Forums, follow the general rules for TutStu community conduct;
- Solicitation for direct donations or other fund-raising is not allowed in the Forums;
- TutStu does not allow spam in the Forums; for this reason, unsolicited promotion or advertisement from representatives or affiliates of outside services, websites or other products is not allowed;
- Keep your posts on-topic. Do not derail a constructive discussion thread;
- Start threads in the appropriate section of the Forums; and
- Consider carefully what information you post in the Forums. In general, the Forums serve as a permanent record. In certain circumstances, at TutStu's sole discretion, TutStu may remove content from Forums.
TutStu reserves the right to close any Forum thread for any reason. Threads may be moved to a more appropriate section without notice. Violating community policies may result in suspension of community or other privileges and/or account termination.
TutStu Groups enable members to gather together and are founded on relationships of mutual respect. Groups may form around a common interest, location, or skill. Groups are intended to facilitate relationships between members to network, promote tutoring and mentoring, meet people with similar interests or skills and accomplish common goals. Any member of the TutStu (over the age of 18) may start a group, and each group may be set-up as an open group or invitation only group. Please consider the following:
- A group must have at least one group leader;
- Please use common sense when giving out personal information and meeting people online or offline;
- A group may not be used to demonstrate or discuss disputes with others or with TutStu;
- Knowingly harassing, insulting or abusing other members or TutStu staff is unacceptable behavior within TutStu Groups;
- A group may not use mature, profane or racist language or images in the group's name, banner or logo;
- A group must not promote or glorify hatred, racial or religious intolerance, violence or instruct others to engage in illegal activity;
- A group may not be used for the sole purpose of redirecting traffic to another web location. TutStu reserves the right to refuse links on any profile page or team page for any reason. Unsolicited promotion or advertisement from representatives or affiliates of outside services, websites or other products is not allowed;
- Do not use the term "TutStu," other TutStu Trademarks or similar marks in a manner likely to cause confusion;
- TutStu staff does not monitor third-party forums (for example: Yahoo or Google groups) or other independent teams sites (for example: a team's blog or website); and
- TutStu will not mediate disputes between groups and outside parties, nor disputes between groups or group members.